Mindful moment–think of something you are truly grateful for.
Review plan for the day.
Calendar–when will you conduct your human impact presentation, activity, discussion?
- * * * *
4 groups selected by “captains”
Make plan to share all discussion notes. Decide how the group will function so that each member contributes to the success of the group. This includes a rotation schedule for who will take questions.
Together view AND discuss the following TOGETHER. You may stop the video and discuss point by point. Together craft a group reaction and response. Capture the true reflection of your group. Be sure to list and discuss and questions any group member might have.
Ted Talk: Greta Thunberg https://www.ted.com/talks/greta_thunberg_the_disarming_case_to_act_right_now_on_climate?language=en
Sharing of findings from each group.
- * * * *
Group 1 Earth Timeline
- These resources could be helpful:
- Group 2 The Anthropocene
Group 3 The Anthropocene
Group 4 Specific ecosystems affected by climate change:
Your group task is to review the assigned resource above TOGETHER. Investigate any aspect for which you have questions. Design a group presentation to share with the rest of the class. Anticipate aspects that may prove difficult to understand for your peers. Anticipate their questions. Plan your presentation so that a class discussion takes place. How will you get your peers to participate and to share their ideas, insights, and questions?
- * * **
References for Human Impact Projects–be sure you are keeping up with your annotated bibliography.
- Humans have made 49 dhole-occupied sites prone to extinction
- Plastic pollution everywhere
- Pulling carbon dioxide from the air
- Neglected tropical deseases
- Student climate strike
- Fundamental rights of birds
- Mountain Lions Could Go Locally Extinct in Southern California Within 50 Years
ountain-lions-could-go-locally -extinct-in-southern-californi a-within-50-years
- Farmers, India, Food security
- Climate Change Could Make Insurance Unaffordable for Most People
limate-change-could-make-insur ance-unaffordable-for-most- people
- Delhi garbage
- Blocking climate change solutions
- India and trade in endangered species
- The rise and fall of scientific authority
- Guerilla gardening (rewilding, regreening)