Mindful moment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmFUDkj1Aq0
Review today’s plan–description of Photosynthesis summative project.
A piece of evidence missing from the video documentary: Photosynthesis–Botany: A blooming history—
Photosynthesis argument and evidence
- Display and explain the basic simplified claim showing the role of water and carbon dioxide and the production of glucose, oxygen, and new water in photosynthetic organisms.
- Include information about the site of photosynthesis in photosynthetic organisms.
- Link firsthand (our activities and experiences) and secondhand (historical experiments and evidence)
- Include visual representation of claims of photosynthesis (captioned/labeled)
- Discuss that the simplified claim does not reveal the complex series of reactions involved in photosynthesis. While all the details of these cycles of reactions need not be shown, better projects will mention some of the historical experiments and evidence that have led to understanding of the cycles.
- Each claim linked with firsthand or documented evidence
- Must address claims of energy input and output
- Must address claims of flow of matter
- Written section explaining how PS Standards from 3 strands are met
- Reference list with full bibliographic information
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- Engaging in Argument from Evidence
- Structure and Function
- Stability and Change
- M and E in organisms and ecosystems
- Earth Systems
- Illustration(s) (not poster size) (a cartoon book, perhaps)
- Slide show
- sketches and photos / models / something original (you can justify the originality)
- other—with approval
- visual (original) representation of claim (accurate–well-done)
- 3 first hand pieces of evidence–clearly and correctly linked
- 3 historical pieces of evidence–clearly and correctly linked
- not all supporting the same part of the claim
- missing evidence is indicated (what else is needed to establish the claim)
- discussion of how the claim is simplified
- due beginning of class 12 March. Paper copy and digital copy properly uploaded and shared in DSN.
- complete reference list with full bibliographic evidence
More Human Impact articles:
- Climate Change Will Expose Half of World’s Population to Disease-Spreading Mosquitoes By 2050
- Facing Pushback, Markey Makes the Case for the Green New Deal
- Australia has reduced plastic bag consumption by 80% since July