- Mindful moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUeEnkjKyDs
- Check previous class.
- Preview today’s plan.
- Prepare DSN.
Examine these links:
Understanding botanical names: http://flowersofindia.net/misc/bot_names.html
Flower Parts http://flowersofindia.net/misc/flower_parts.html
Flower Shapes http://flowersofindia.net/flowershapes/
Leaf Types http://flowersofindia.net/leafshapes/
- * * * *
We will take a flower diversity walk. Get a mask and jacket/sweater if you need them.
- How many kinds of flower can we see?
- What trees are blooming?
- Find as many different types/shapes/forms of flower as you can.
- Match them to the types in the website above.
- Use pictures, sketches, and verbal descriptions.
- Are any fruits visible?
- Let’s collect some seeds if we can find them.
- What animals do we see visiting the flowers.
Visit your partner tree (Stay focused. This is an individual activity. When you think you have finished, check with Dr. F and show the results of today’s observations.)
- Record verbal and visual observations.
- What kind of leaf does your partner tree have? Observe in detail.
- How are the leaves arranged? Observe in detail.
- Estimate the height of your particular specimen.
- How many specimens of your partner tree species have you noticed on campus?
- Where are they?
- What changes have you noticed since your last observation? How much time has passed? How do the conditions today compare to the initial day of observation?
- Take pictures.
- Make sketches.
- Note date, time, conditions, etc.
Class ends at 9:45 Period 3 and 11:10 Period 4. Listen to directions.
Let’s begin watching Sexual Encounters of the Floral Kind
Make notes on examples. List your questions.