In table group organized by the roster, we will examine graphs and DSN’s.
While waiting for conferences, table groups should:
- Collaboratively read and discuss the chapter “Moving Relatively or Relatively Moving” from Joy Hakim’s Story of Science: Newton at the Center.
- a. Decide as a group how you will proceed. What methods will you use to read and discuss?
- b. Pick someone to capture the main points of the discussion.
- c. Pick someone to capture the questions members of the group have about the reading and the ideas.
- d. Pick someone to keep the group on track and progressing.
- e. Pick someone to list the key words and what the group thinks they mean.
- f. Share everything with every member in the group.
2. When finished with the chapter, try this:
Work collaboratively as a group. Make sketch graphs of the motion you suspect for the set-ups you use. Each member should be able to describe the group’s thinking, what the group did, what happened, and possible explanations for the outcomes.