Be sure that your digital notebook includes your name in the title.
Conduct a self-assessment that should appear in your notebook entry for today:
C = some notes; not complete; not always clear
B= complete notes
A=complete notes and regular reflection (your thoughts and questions–identified)
Past work that should be documented in digital notebook:
1. Response to Powerpoint The Continuity of Life
2. Response to Powerpoint WOW Science 7 (both parts)
3. Quiz taken in notebook.
4. Homework on Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
5. Bird diversity list from Birdwalk 1 (also looking for reflection on birds seen at AES by 7th graders)
6. Your pigeon ethogram (including comparison with others). An ethogram started on a 2nd species.
7. Techniques for assessing (bird) diversity.
8. Techniques for making a catalog of (bird) behavior.
7. Select a question for a bird investigation to take place after WOW. The question needs to be about a bird (or birds) that can be observed at any time during school. Any aspect of the bird’s life is acceptable for firsthand investigation. Get question approved and develop a plan for carrying out the investigation. Plan for 2 periods of observation.
See the guidelines for the Bird Report Guidelines
See reference to David Attenborough’s The Life of Birds (11 episodes)