SCIENCE 8 27 AUGUST DR. FRAZIER
- Share homework.
- Discuss explanations and theories.
- Further experimentation and documentation
- Receive textbook
- Read notebook assignment carefully
- Read writing scientific reports (under various) carefully
- Begin writing a report on your investigation of the candle in a jar system
Original question (What happens when a jar is placed over a burning candle that is set in a basin of water?)
II. Possible explanation for a particular aspect of the system and the consequence of its being true (hypothesis and prediction)
III. Procedure/Method for testing the explanation
Assignment due 4 Sept. Begin writing the lab report on your investigation of the candle in a jar system. Pick one aspect to focus on. Develop a testable explanation. Carry out tests. Record results. Analyze them. Produce a report in the form described. Consult Writing Science Reports found under the Various page. Final report is due 4 September in print and as a page on your blog.