Take a mindful moment. Think of the earth. See these big cats who live in India. Imagine how they resist extinction caused by human activity. What does it take to survive as an individual? As a species? As an ecosystem? Could this poem by John Donne be extended to all living things?
|No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend’s were.
Each man’s death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.
Look at the guidelines from the past classes:
Make sure the following are uploaded and clearly labeled in your DSN–even if they are in progress. Show these today:
- Annotated bibliography (correctly following the format)
- Activity plan (check with Ms. Kaur if you need any materials–must be safe)
- Discussion plan
- Accurate statement of your progress as of 12 April.
- If you feel you are finished with plans, practice/rehearse the activity, the discussion, and the presentation.
- Check your times.
- Make sure your activity works as you have planned–you need to troubleshoot and adjust.
- Practice the discussion with a small group of classmates.
- Reciprocate the favor when they need you.
- Time your presentation.
- Carefully consider questions and prompts.
- Interview classmates and other 8th graders as part of your planning to get a sense of what questions and ideas which are most thought-provoking.
Stay on task. Stay focused. Be excited and enthusiastic about sharing your topic. Make good progress. Pay attention to the schedule. Ask whenever you have questions.
- 23/2 Yu Min Ada
- 25/4 Reem HyunJin
- 29/6 Sophie Myra
- 1/8 Santino Anagha
- 3/2 Reyha SeungHyeon
- 7/4 Lewis Rotem
- 9/6 SeungMin Eva
- 13/8 Sulaimaan Eliade
- 15/2 Shaked Dowoo
- 29/6 Caden Joshua
- 1/8 Iris Marin
- 3/2 Min-ha Faris
- 7/4 Jeh Afreen
- 9/6 Felix . Chihaya
- 13/8 Willem
- 15/2 Alanound HanGyeol
- 1/8 Sumair Rahul
- 3/2 Aadi Mira
- 7/4 Varun Michal
- 9/6 Isabella Jigme
- 13/8 Armaan Yash
- 15/2 Liam Shiv
Review this with regard to reliability of your sources: https://www.ted.com/talks/julie_scelfo_how_do_humans_make_true_meaning_apr_2019
- Coconut husks to save trees
- Promising malaria vaccine
- Act on climate change like you did on Notre-Dame, activist Greta Thunberg begs EU
- Ocean acidification / coral reef bleaching
- Loss of forests and mining in India